Software Engineer, Print & Mail API
- San Francisco, CA
Our team builds APIs that power the offline world. We started with our print and mail API, which helps developers programmatically send, route, and track physical mail at scale. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll design and implement great products on a modern infrastructure. You’ll take ownership of web-scale engineering challenges that affect millions of people. We offer remote working opportunities in California, Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, and Washington. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters (post-pandemic).
Our engineering team is collaborative, inclusive, autonomous, agile, direct, and kind. We recognize how lucky we are to work at a fast-growth startup, so we have fun while we work and give back to the world. We believe that diverse backgrounds and ideas result in better products and outcomes. Inc. Magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for 2018.
About the Team
The Print and Mail API team at Lob owns and maintains the Print & Mail pipeline which is the core of our business. The team works closely with product and business teams to identify needs and build engineering solutions to streamline and integrate business workflows. The Print and Mail API team believes in taking ownership and learning from our mistakes, trusting each other, and approaching things with professional levity.
As an engineer on the Print and Mail API team, your work will be focused on cross-team collaboration between Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Sales to model, enhance, build and/or automate business processes. Your work will be critical to Lob’s ability to scale and grow as a business. You will use your skills and design acumen to help build tools and services at an enterprise scale, you’ll use your experience to anticipate business needs and build flexible systems that can be easily modified to meet our changing needs, and you’ll mentor other team members to bring them along for the ride.
You’ll work with Node, Postgres, React, and a number of native services on AWS. You’ll bring your industry experience and go-getter attitude to get (sh)it done!
As a Software Engineer at Lob, you’ll...
- Work with Product Management and other Engineers to research, design, and implement new capabilities.
- Be data driven, collect metrics that identify bottlenecks in the system to help scale our services.
- Partner with Product Management to understand customer requirements and define Product Roadmap.
- Help define and improve best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Work with Customer Success and Support to troubleshoot customer issues.
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 2+ years of full-stack (database, backend, and frontend) experience with Node. Show us how you’ve used technology to solve problems.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they are a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You collaborate well with others about your strong opinions in regards to what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Back to top