Software Engineer - Dashboard & Growth
- San Francisco, CA
The Dashboard and Growth Team at Lob is helping customers connect to the offline world. Specifically the team is committed to providing a delightful experience when using Lob’s UI dashboard to sign up, learn about and visualize data related to their use of Lob’s APIs.
As a software engineer on the Dashboard team, your work will delight customers during their interactions with Lob’s tools and services. We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about creating user experiences and satisfying user needs.
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Canada. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing startup and make an incredible impact on the team. Lob’s mission is to turn slow and manual offline processes into timely, relevant and personalized communication channels.
You’ll work with Vue, TailwindCSS, Node, Docker, Postgres, Redis, and a number of native services on AWS. You’ll bring your industry experience to help the team choose which technologies to add, which technologies to keep, and which technologies to consolidate and remove.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll...
- Create new and support existing functionalities within our Dashboard to create and deliver direct mail, address verification and other offline tasks
- Work on the UI dashboard used by our customers
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications
- Help define and improve front-end best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Implement and architect efficient and reusable solutions
- Gain exposure across our technical stack from backend to front-end to build world class APIs and tools
- Collaborate with others to help reach common goals.
What you will bring to this role...
- 1-3 years of overall experience in a front end focused software engineering role (or bootcamp for Junior Level)
- Passion about building product features and making APIs visually accessible
- Eager to solve complex problems across the whole stack
- Knowledge around design patterns and best practices
- Exceptional collaboration and communication. You know how to balance having strong opinions with actively listening to others.
- (optional) Experience with assessing and implementing accessibility features
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes a monthly stipend for wellness/gym memberships)
- Commuter benefits for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Paid parental leave (for both Moms and Dads) and Fertility benefits
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Learning and development budget to attend conferences and purchase learning materials (books, online courses, etc.)
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $103,695 - $119,250 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Back to top