Senior Software Engineer (React), Creation Experience Team
- San Francisco, CA
Our team builds APIs that power the offline world. We started with our print and mail API, which helps developers programmatically send, route, and track physical mail at scale. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll design and implement great products on a modern infrastructure. You’ll take ownership of web-scale engineering challenges that affect millions of people. We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, and Illinois. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
Our engineering team is collaborative, inclusive, autonomous, agile, direct, and kind. We recognize how lucky we are to work at a fast-growth startup, so we have fun while we work and give back to the world. We believe that diverse backgrounds and ideas result in better products and outcomes. Inc. Magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for 2018.
The Creation Experience engineering team builds, maintains and scales the core API and dashboard used by Lob’s customers to send and track their mail and defines best practices for a successful customer integration.
We add features to our products that help our customers tie physical mail campaigns to their digital infrastructure. Examples of these include a powerful Analytics Dashboard that helps customers track mail pieces from mailing to delivery, Search and Filtering capabilities to help track how mail campaigns are performing, Logging and Reporting capabilities to help debug and audit API integrations.
We are a motivated group of people who collaborate with cross functional teams like Product Management, Design, Customer Success and Sales on a daily basis to build features that make integrating with Lob a delightful experience for customers.
As the Senior Software Engineer (React) for our Creation Experience team at Lob, you'll
- Work with a Product Manager, Designer and other Engineers to research, design and implement new customer facing API and Dashboard capabilities.
- Be data driven and collect metrics that identify bottlenecks in the system to help scale our services and UIs.
- Partner with Product Management to understand customer requirements and define our product roadmap.
- Help define and improve best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Release beta features and gather customer feedback.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
For this role, we're looking for...
- Someone looking to lead a highly-collaborative project. You’ll be helping to create our v2 Dashboard. Our dashboard is an integral part of the Lob product and many engineers across multiple teams will eventually contribute to the dashboard.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they are a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You have opinions about what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience.
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Remote/distributed, in-office and work from home accommodations
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Back to top