Senior Software Engineer - New Product Development
- San Francisco, CA
About the Role
Our team builds APIs that power the offline world. We started with our print and mail API, which helps developers programmatically send, route, and track physical mail at scale. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll design and implement great products on a modern infrastructure. You’ll take ownership of web-scale engineering challenges that affect millions of people. We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Colorado, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
Our engineering team is collaborative, inclusive, autonomous, agile, direct, and kind. We recognize how lucky we are to work at a fast-growth startup, so we have fun while we work and give back to the world. We believe that diverse backgrounds and ideas result in better products and outcomes. Inc. Magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for 2018.
About the Team
The “Atlas” team owns Lob’s second flagship product, our Address Verification API, which is our newest and largest product investment to date. Lob’s Address Verification API verifies that addresses are actually deliverable, enriches addresses with useful metadata, and helps cut major costs for our customers.
Our vision is to be the source of truth for all address data worldwide. In just a few years since it has launched, it has verified nearly a billion addresses and is continuing to grow at a breakneck pace. Lob is the first new company in nearly a decade to achieve the official USPS certification for address verification accuracy. To give you a peek ahead of what’s next for this team, we’re looking to continue scaling our system to support the needs of enterprise customers, expand availability across various new countries, and build intelligent algorithms to utilize Lob’s mail deliverability data to power our address accuracy.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Lob, you’ll...
- Research, design, and build solutions to original problems pertaining to our address verification APIs. Everyone on our team gets to take ownership of problems—not just the most senior or tenured engineers.
- Contribute to codebases in Node, Elixir, or Go in a hybrid microservices and serverless ecosystem.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout Lob to troubleshoot business challenges, remove bottlenecks, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Measure the effectiveness of our engineering work, and use data to drive decisions to help our customers.
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 7+ years of full-stack (backend, frontend, and database) experience in a modern web framework. Show us how you’ve used technology to solve problems.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they’re are a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You have Strong Opinions about what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Back to top