- San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking for additional Solutions Engineers to support and enable our rapidly growing Sales and Success teams and to help shape the future of Lob.
As a Sales Engineer, you will drive customer satisfaction and revenue by advising our customers on the value of Lob’s technology. You will master all technical aspects of the sale and assist with customer testing and integration planning of Lob’s APIs. You will partner with our Sales and Success teams to provide the right solution to the customer while working closely with our Operations and Product teams to help influence the direction of the product.
The successful candidate can communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers can shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. If you’re an established Solutions Engineer professional with a consistent track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
As a Sales Engineer, you will...
- Lead technically oriented conversations with customers.
- Design, create, and present web-based prototypes, demos, and proofs of concept to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders.
- Support and advise customers on their API integration plans.
- Provide coaching to the Solutions team to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Establish best practices and create product training for new Lob customers and employees.
For this role, we're looking for...
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing, pre-sales technical role as a Solutions Engineer or equivalent title.
- Familiarity with REST API development and service integrations.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and cloud architecture.
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within the organization.
- Consistent track record of successfully overcoming technical and security challenges with customers.
- < 10% Travel
- Being part of an amazing and enthusiastic team at a rapidly growing company
- A self-starter role where your contributions will allow you to shine
- Having a voice that is valued and can affect material change
- The opportunity to work with new technologies to solve problems
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Back to top