Training and Development Program Manager
The Living Spaces approach to our training culture blend of online, on the job, and instructor-led training with an emphasis on individual proficiency and leadership development. This position is designed for an individual with a solid background in facilitation, instructional design, project management, and leadership in a robust retail culture. The primary role of the Training and Development Program Manager is to develop and manage the world class training solutions for our retail teams to align with our culture, values, and commitment to training. The primary role will be to support the Training Team with curriculum design training, support, ROI, and needs analysis (at least 75%). The secondary role will be to lead and coordinate learning events for facilitators and participants including calendaring, online event administration, internal marketing/ messaging, and logistics coordination (approximately 25%). The ultimate end of this position is to partner with the Training Team and Retail Directors to achieve excellence in team member, guest, and financial outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Curriculum Design: Strong background in instructional design with proficiency in developing curriculum assets such as:: ○ Curriculum outlines and descriptions for front line, supervisor, manager, and senior manager levels ○ Assessment milestones using a variety of techniques including achieving metric results, knowledge checks, experiential learning activities, and attending certification events ○ Case studies of real or fictional events ○ Scenario scripts with characters and dialogue for use in training videos ○ Learning games and activities for use in video-based and instructor-led training ○ Gamification techniques to help drive learning outcomes and results
- Facilitation Skills: Highly skilled facilitator with experience facilitating conversations, small groups, and large groups at all levels within the organization.
- Project Management: Strong project management skills with attention to logistics, budget, and time details. This position will have regular project assignments with strict deadlines.
- Leadership Development: A highly accomplished leader who has demonstrated increased levels of responsibility. This position will be facilitating leadership development training to all leaders in retail and must model strong leadership attributes and skills at a very high level.
- Curriculum Materials: This position will be developing the concepts and first drafts of all training materials including participant guides, leader guides, handouts, scripts for videos, assessments, and activities. This position will also coordinate with the Content Development Manager to oversee final production of all curriculum materials.
- Learning Strategies: A learning professional who keeps informed of the latest trends and direction of learning and organizational development. This position will discover new ways to use technology as an accelerator to proficiency and how to leverage technology to achieve our highest priorities.
- Learning Management Systems: Experience administering, configuring, and deploying Learning Management Systems is essential.
- Needs Analysis and Reporting: This position must be able to conduct proper needs analysis using surveys (SurveyMonkey), focus groups, interviews, and data mining. Strong skill in developing reports, presenting findings, and making recommendations to Senior Leadership is also required.
- Partnerships: This position requires forming strong partnerships with several members of the entire organization and not just retail. These partnerships include senior leaders, front line leaders, corporate partners, external partners, and front line personnel.
Requirements:Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design or related educational field preferred; other majors or degree programs and relevant experience will be acceptable.
- High level of experience in instructional design and accepted adult learning theory methodologies including blended strategies
- Experience facilitating and creating instructor led training programs
- Proficiency with several software tools is expected including Project Management (Wrike), Desktop Publishing (Word/Docs), Presentations (Powerpoint/Prezi/Slides), Spreadsheets (Excel/Sheets), Enabled PDFs (Acrobat)
- Proficiency with authoring software especially Storyline 2, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and InDesign) is preferred but training will be provided for the right candidate
- Experience administering learning events including coordinating logistics, calendars, materials, and sourcing content.
- Experience with either or both of the following is highly desired: ○ Multimedia, including video, audio, photography, and related software ○ Desktop publishing, using software such as InDesign
What we offer:
Living Spaces offers a professional working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth and development.
Living Spaces provides a team oriented retail environment. Living Spaces offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, 401K, employee discount, company annual picnic and holiday party.
Living Spaces is an E-Verify employer.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top