Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary Under the close direction of the Inbound Warehouse Manager, the Supervisor will provide leadership and general supervision to employees in a high volume, multi-shift distribution center while learning the fundamentals of supervision and leadership at Living Spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain positive employee relations. Strong interpersonal skills are needed to supervise employees
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with the ability to drive results. Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to frequent changes.
- Demonstrated competence in the application and use of PC and warehouse operating systems
- Must be able to interface with a multi-shift operation and physically frequent all areas of offices and warehouse
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. Requires frequent walking and standing. Must be able to work in a warehouse environment - cement floors, temperature swings, loud noise and frequently exposed to moving mechanical equipment and parts.
- Consistent job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the Manager.
- Knowledge of AX Warehouse Managment System.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge - .Effective memory skills, good hand eye coordination, dependability, ability to follow directions and a strong willingness to learn.
- Mental Effort - Above average concentration, above average memory; taking into consideration the amount of responsibility and product, above average time pressure and decision making
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Diversity & Ethics - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to extended hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities. Dedicates time to coaching and developing team. Adjusts workload assignments in order to meet daily business goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to two years of related experience in leadership roles (preferably in warehouse supervision).
Skills and Qualifications: A positive and pleasant personality, effective verbal communication, professionalism, sensitivity to confidential matters, organization and team work. In addition, solid knowledge of MS Office applications in particular Outlook and Excel.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Math Ability: Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands None Under 1/3 1/3 To 2/3 Over 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel X
Reach with hands and arms X
Climb or balance X
Stoop, kneel, bending knees, crouch, or crawl X
Talk or hear X
Taste or smell X
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bending knees, crouch, or crawl, site with ability to distinguish color. The employee is regularly required to sit.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer A.Regional Director in Development
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top