Senior Manager, Cross Dock Distribution
- Sacramento, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary Lead and manage the daily operations of a team of logistics, responsible for creating and implementing best practice logistics vision, strategy processes and procedures to improve operational performance. This Leader must be people first, process driven individual that will thrive in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide leadership, direction and inspiration to team members, manage day to day operations by working alongside with line managers and their teams to ensure customer satisfaction, and operational goals are consistently met.
• Manage operating metrics while improving processes, procedures, and performance.
• Oversee and make recommendations related to personnel needs including appropriate staffing of business unit, coaching, and performance management
• Excellent communication, cohesive strategy planning and execution, ensure strategic actions are completed at all levels of the Distribution Center and desired results are achieved.
• Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards company objectives.
• Partner with Sr. Management team to maximize efficiency and synergy across the organization.
• Collaborate with management and HR-Business Partner in compliance with company policies and procedures,
• Ensure safety procedures are effectively communicated and adhered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Up to 8 year(s) of work experience, Exceptional leadership ability, preferred history of managing large teams, Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines, Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively,
• Education: High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
• Certificates (if applicable): N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top