Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
This position must demonstrate management level foresight and be able to drive decisions within the framework of successful product development and execution of strategic plans, financial targets to drive the business for their respective categories. Direct and manage a small team comprised of associate and assistants. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring/coaching around product development, assortment management, financial planning and vendor negotiations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop assortments, and stay on top of current and emerging trends by performing market analysis, shopping the competition, attending trade shows domestically and overseas, and finding inspiration from a number of style and design sources
- Create and nurture a "Shared-vision" environment of collaboration and partnership with direct reports and peers that establishes and communicates clear and realistic goals and objectives that align with the company's strategic plan
- Achieve or exceed the defined sales, turnover and GMROI goals for each product category
- Negotiate costs, set retail prices and manage profit margins within context of merchandising plan
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams to drive category results
- Work closely with our Suppliers and other Resources to gain broad exposure to many aspects of Merchandising such as product development, marketing, private label development, packaging, e-commerce, visual design and import and sourcing initiatives
- Develop and present to senior management the business strategies, marketing plans and merchandise assortments to drive profitable sales
- Develop long-range plans for assigned category based on sound knowledge of category, company growth expectations and strategic goals.
- Work with VP to ensure market leadership position regarding product selection, breadth and depth
- Communicate merchandising and pricing plans, inventory flow and exit strategies with Purchasing, Visual Design, Store Operations, Marketing, E-Commerce and other stake holders impacted by changes in assortment
- Influence, negotiate and hold vendors accountable to agreed-upon performance metrics
- Leverage Customer Insights and Sales Associate feedback to build long-term market share and profitable growth
- Provide ongoing communication between vendors and Living Spaces Sales and Support teams (i.e., training, coaching, advertising, product knowledge, pricing, etc.)
- Teach, coach and motivate direct reports in product development, financial planning and professional growth and development
- Persuade and motivate others with the ability to flex style as the situation requires and collaborate or empower as needed
- Champion change management efforts
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college
- 7-12 years of experience as a furniture/case goods product buyer/product developer with a multi-unit retailer
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will manage a team of 1 team member. Develop and execute the company's business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders. Provide strategic advice so direct reports will have accurate view of the market and the company's future. Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate. Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times. Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners, and authorities. Able to delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of direct reports providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.