Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
The primary role of the Supervisor Sales is to teach, train, and develop their teams and help them become proficient in the guest engagement model. This will enable their team to exceed targeted revenue budget while maintaining the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a primary focus on the support and development of each team member through our sales proficiency process
- Ensure that the retail store team is fully staffed with the right number of people with the right talent to meet standard work expectations
- Ensure that coverage is scheduled to optimize productivity and efficiency
- Assist with duties related to, staffing, schedule writing, sales training and salesfloor leadership
- Ensure team completes and demonstrates the ability to effectively execute to company expectations
all new hire and ongoing training modules
- Executes style guide directives by overseeing all aspects of merchandising, visual and labeling
- Ensure daily task lists are completed by store teams
- Ensure inventory accuracy according to company asset protection standard work
- Drive proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model
- Actively engage both team members and guests to assess execution of Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model
- Help to address escalated guest situations and resolution
- Assist with the Manager on Duty and oversee the financial outcomes through the execution of the sales and operations standard work
- Help to build a culture throughout store that drives the following positive company expected outcomes
- Utilize all tools to the company standard
- Ensure check-out/in processes is executed
- Ensure that Operations Specialist are executing Vault Management procedures and Fraud Prevention expectations to meet Standard Work requirements
- Partner with the Retail Business Manager to meet and exceed gross margin goals
- Able to identify, recruit, develop and retain talent of all team members
- Have ongoing talent conversations and develop leadership skills to build store "bench"
- Able to build and inspire store teams to achieve goals and complete standard work
- Able to generate energy within the store through recognition and transparent in the moment conversations
- Ability to work weekends and most holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 5 years of retail experience in a direct customer interactive environment required. High volume experience is preferred. Three years of supervisory experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.