Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
At Living Spaces, we take pride in being an environment that cultivates the best in our Team Members. From our corporate office in La Mirada, to our Distribution Centers, Manufacturing, Guest Services, Transportation, to any of our retail stores in the United States, you'll find Team Members who have started and grown their careers at Living Spaces. We are a company driven by our core values of humility & respect, passion, innovation, speed & simplicity, fanatic discipline, social responsibility, coupled with the desire to provide our guests with the best possible experience they can have while furnishing their space.
We continuously strive to find dedicated, innovative, driven, enterprising Team Members to help drive our corporate vision - to be the best furniture retailer in the country. If you possess these skills, we invite you to join the journey at Living Spaces.
This position's primary responsibility is to delight and educate customers during every interaction. This is accomplished with every guest by helping them find their inspiration through style, design, quality, and/or price and by building great relationships based on trust. Once this is accomplished we can meet their primary need while offering complementary products and services that complete their living spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guest Engagement - Greet and engage customers and execute sales proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors.
- Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
- Onboarding training modules, including completion of Learning Spaces courses
- Guest Engagement Training
- Department Selling Strategy Training
- Product Knowledge Training
- Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the department is "Grand Opening" ready by completing the
department's daily task list.
- Zoning - Greet and engage guests within a designated zone unless directed to do otherwise by leadership.
- Team - Actively support and contribute to the department team, sales team, and store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets.
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Prior experience in retail is preferred by not required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Prior experience in retail is preferred by not required.
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people,
not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates effective selling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in
a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the Product Specialist job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certifications & Licenses: N/A
Qualifications: Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate); Demonstrates effective selling skills; Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees; Ability to read, write, and speak English; Ability to work well in a team environment; Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business; Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Position Hiring Range
The hiring pay range provides a guide for what we would reasonably pay for the position. Pay is determined by various factors including market demand, applicable skills, work experience and education, location, company budget, and in-demand skill sets.
$14.80 - $19.20
Retail, Guest Services, and Distribution Center Team Members are eligible to receive a team bonus based on meeting specific monthly goals and KPI's. Bonus amounts are based on the level of achievement and the total hours worked during the bonus eligible month.
- 401(k) (full and part time eligible)
- Sick Time
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
For more details, please visit our website at: Careers (livingspaces.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.