Retail Janitor (full-time)
- Roseville, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary This position's primary responsibility is to maintain a clean and well represented work and guest environment. The upkeep of the showroom, bathrooms, offices, parking lot and warehouse are a vital part of daily duties and are a crucial ingredient of giving every guest an experience that is consistent with the Living Spaces brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
• Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations
all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
Onboarding training, including Learning Spaces courses
• Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the store is "Grand Opening" ready by completing
a daily walk through of the entire store and addressing any areas of concern.
• Guest Engagement - Greets and engages all guests throughout Living Spaces.
• Equipment Usage and Maintenance - Run the floor scrubber and carpet cleaner daily to
ensure all tile floors and carpet areas are clean. Also keep maintenance records on all
• Standard Cleaning - Ensure all areas are dusted, wiped down and cleaned daily.
• Supply Tracking - Maintain a weekly stock check on all supply inventories.
• Partnerships - Able to build productive working relationships with:
Sales Managers and Operations Manager
Department Leads and Operations Supervisors
• SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
• Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Up to 2 year(s) retail experience in a "Big Box" establishment preferred; Supervisory experience required.
• Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Qualifications: Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate); Ability to read, write, and speak English; Ability to work well in a team environment; Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business; Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Education: High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
• Certificates (if applicable): N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top