Retail Interior Design Sales Specialist
Retail Interior Design Sales Specialist
Summary: This position's primary responsibility is to delight and educate guests during every interaction. This is accomplished with every customer by helping them find their inspiration through style, design, quality, and price and by building great relationships based on trust. Once this is accomplished we can meet their primary need while offering complementary products and services that complete their living spaces.
Our Design Specialists are a key value proposition to deliver the style and design components of our brand story. We expect our designers to use their design skills to meet the discerning taste of our most demanding guests through key value proposition elements designed to exceed their expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guest Engagement - Greet and engage customers and execute sales proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors.
- Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
- Onboarding training modules, including completion of Learning Spaces courses
- Guest Engagement Training
- Department Selling Strategy Training
- Product Knowledge Training
- Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the department is "Grand Opening" ready by completing the department's daily task list.
- Design Center - Set appointments with guests to custom design and room plan using the tools and resources of the center. Work with other Product Specialists to assist guests who value style and design, but who do not need our full design services.
- Zoning - Greet and engage guests within a designated zone unless directed to do otherwise by leadership.
- Team ¬- Actively support and contribute to the department team, sales team, and store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets.
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or certificate in interior design or visual communications from a two-year college or technical school.
- One year of interior design or related experience.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates effective selling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the Design Specialist job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to top