Retail Business Manager
- San Jose, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary The primary role of the Business Manager is to teach, train, and develop the store teams in their understanding and application of Foundational Excellence (Standard work, Talent, and Leadership), warehouse logistics, floor merchandising and operational guest execution. Enable the store and the business segments within to exceed targeted revenue budget while maintaining the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys. Success in the role of Business manager requires having a 4-wall holistic approach to business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and support the supervisor team to ensure the sales team understands their individual role and contribution as it relates to all components of the store operating procedure
- Facilitate ownership over staffing, creating store schedule, showroom presentation and maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Partner with HR Business Partner on store level HR related issues
- Ensure that the retail store team is fully staffed with the right number of people with the right talent to meet standard work expectations. Ensure that coverage is scheduled to optimize productivity and efficiency
- Ensure all team members have completed training and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations and ongoing training modules
- Executes style guide directives by overseeing all aspects of merchandising, visual, labeling and janitorial
- Manage product flow both inbound/outbound accurately according to status
- Ensure inventory accuracy according to company asset protection standard work
- Greet and engage guests on sales floor and pick up locations
- Drive proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors
- Lead and develop team of Supervisors to execute the Guest Engagement Model proficiency through culture of coaching store teams daily
- Take ownership of the sales floor and of financial outcomes through execution of the Sales and Operations standard work
- Actively engage both team members and guests to assess execution of Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model
- Handle escalated guest situations and resolution
- Change current reality through gap management and by creating business plans for people and process
- Recruit, lead and develop all team members and develop a culture of passionate, high performance teams
- Host ongoing talent conversations that develop leadership skills to build store "bench"
- Inspire and guide through coaching, mentoring and leading by example
- Set clear expectations and hold teams accountable for performance results
- Ensure brand presentation is executed in the store as defined by the Style Guides
- Driving for results by developing dedicated focus around SOP's, retail processes and procedures
- Able to build a culture throughout store that drives the following positive company expected outcomes
- Build and inspire store teams to achieve goals and complete standard work
- Generate energy within the store through recognition and transparent in the moment conversations
- Open and close the store as needed, including securing the building, enabling and disabling the alarms
- Ensure Operations Specialist are executing Vault Management procedures and Fraud Prevention expectations to meet Standard Work requirements
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in business, design, retail management, sales, merchandising, or related field preferred. 5 years experience in direct customer interactive environment required; high volume. 3 years of management experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will manage the sales supervisor team within the store. Develop and execute the company's business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders. Provide strategic advice so direct reports will have accurate view of the market and the company's future. Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate. Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times. Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners, and authorities. Able to delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of direct reports providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top