Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Ability to understand all aspects of inbound unloading operations within a distribution center, working in teams to accomplish all job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the outbound operation
- Unload trailers by hand
- Moving furniture with dollies
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds or more
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, withstanding climate changes
- Proper lifting techniques, lift, push, stooping twisting, bending
- Able to operate radio frequency equipment
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge - .Effective memory skills, good hand eye coordination, dependability, ability to follow directions and a strong willingness to learn.
- Mental Effort - Above average concentration, above average memory; taking into consideration the amount of responsibility and product, above average time pressure and decision making
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Diversity & Ethics - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to two years of related experience.
Skills and Qualifications: A positive and pleasant personality, verbal communication, professionalism, sensitivity to confidential matters, organization team work.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Math Ability: Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Training: No certificates needed for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bending knees, crouch, or crawl, site with ability to distinguish color. The employee is regularly required to sit.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.