Product Placement - Floor Prep (full time)
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary This position has primary responsibility for executing all floor prep and warehouse functions. It also has primary responsibility for all functions of Customer Pick Up, including creating great guest service in CPU. This is accomplished by executing floor moves, managing product flow and warehouse functions, delighting guests in CPU according to Living Spaces brand expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
• Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations
all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
Onboarding training, including Learning Spaces courses
• Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the store is "Grand Opening" ready by completing
a daily walk through of the entire store and addressing any areas of concern.
• Guest Engagement - Greets and engages all guests throughout Living Spaces.
• CPU - Ensure that all CPU guests are taken care of and 100% satisfied. Manage product flow
entering and leaving CPU and complete all required CPU paperwork and reports.
• Receiving - Acknowledgement of product when it arrives at the warehouse and management of
transfers, vendor drops, customer returns, shipping companies, etc.
• Product Flow - Execute all floor moves given by management and the leadership team. Ensure
all products scheduled to showcase are properly assembled and processed to Living Spaces
brand standards both on the showroom floor and in the clearance center.
• Reporting - Ensure all brand reports are accurate and to company levels.
• Safety - Review and address safety concerns throughout the store.
• Inventory - Ensure that all merchandise is properly inventoried and binned.
• Sales - Be ready to execute the Guest Engagement Model on the Sales Floor with guests as needed.
• SOP - Adheres to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
• Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Up to 1 year year(s) retail experience "Big Box" establishment recommended; Warehouse experience recommended.
• Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Qualifications: Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate); Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees; Ability to read, write, and speak English; Ability to work well in a team environment; Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business; Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb a ladder occasionally. The employee may have to lift items overhead.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the CPU / Floor Prep job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education: High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
• Certificates (if applicable): N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top