Process Improvement Manager
Process Improvement Manager
Leads business process improvement initiatives that result in operational efficiencies to ensure that performance management and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements to reduce costs and improve overall guest experience. Assures KPI initiatives are focused on improving operational and process efficiencies and effectiveness; participates in Customer Service strategic planning and provides leadership for Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development through the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines program scope, establish approach for implementation and maintains program infrastructure
- Develop a method for assessing program effectiveness and a cadence for assessing and adjusting
- Develop approach for communication organizationally about the program
- Determine program support needs
- Gains agreement on process improvement opportunities to be undertaken and assists in the prioritization of approved initiatives/projects
- Builds, directs, manages, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of the Customer Service department's Quality and Process Improvement System
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting systems that report the status of quality and performance improvement efforts and impacts. Provide ad hoc reports as required/needed.
- Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on customer service operations cost and guest experience.
- Coordinates with internal department's performance and quality initiatives to ensure alignment and optimal use of resources across department.
- Researches and designs appropriate department-wide and business specific performance and quality training.
- Keeps abreast of current trends impacting Lean concepts/methodologies/tools to ensure that best practices are utilized in process improvement efforts
- Explains and applies accepted methodologies (i.e. identify desired outcomes, analyze current processes/problems, collect/analyze relevant data, uncover root causes, develop performance/process improvement plan and implementation tactics, test recommendation and assess results.)
- Establish and maintain an education and coaching approach for all levels of staff. Continuously evaluates training and coaching needs of the organization as it relates to process improvement. Develops and maintains the necessary curriculum and supporting materials to education staff and leaders.
- Facilitates Lean improvement workshops in partnership with managers; develops and delivers presentations/education to mentor/coach various key leadership and management staff to promote awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement of Lean concepts, methodologies and tools
- Lean Six Sigma training and/or certification in process improvement, preferred.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Innovative thinker with creative data-driven process analysis and improvement focus
- Experience overseeing processes improvement and training staff
- Experience preparing, reviewing, updating and indexing SOP's
- Ability to generate and interpret statistical data and evaluate research studies (internal and external) to optimize employee and guest experience
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports related to process improvement, value mapping, and design
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments and roles
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed to support Guest Services strategic projects and goals
- Solid time management, process improvement, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Flexibility in work schedule; must be able to work morning, mid, evening, and weekend shifts, with most holidays. Able to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in a retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business
What we offer
Living Spaces offers a professional working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth and development.
Living Spaces provides a team oriented retail environment. Living Spaces offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, 401K, employee discount, company annual holiday party and picnic.
Living Spaces is an E-Verify employer.
Back to top