Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Working in the distribution center and retail store environments, the Asset Protection Officer will be responsible for maintain the security and safety of the company premises and personnel, interior and exterior of the assigned location, and, as needed, supporting asset protection needs of the retail locations supported by the assigned distribution center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting unusual activity or circumstances.
- Confronts violators of policy and procedures in a professional manner to redirect behavior.
- Inspects buildings and access points.
- Assists Supervisor in restraining trespassers or other violators.
- Manages vehicular traffic by directing drivers.
- Maintains authorized DC truck yard traffic utilizing company tools and procedures.
- Supports investigations, conducting surveillances and gathering of facts.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains organization's stability and brand reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to Inventory/Asset Protection team effort by accomplishing results as needed
- Promotes awareness of company policies, procedures and directives.
- Submits new and innovative ideas to enhance job functions and company best practices.
- Provides assistance across business groups as needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Maintain valid state issued drivers licensed
- Basic computer functions; Excel/Word, Email, Report writing
- Lifting, Walking, Standing long periods
- Surveillance skills
- Integrity, Judgement, Dependability, Emotional control, Professionalism, Respectful
- Able to work a flexible schedule; evenings, weekends, holidays, with minimal travel and overnight travel as needed
- Able to work independently and in cross functional team environments
- Ability to compose sensitive, confidential, correspondence requiring tact and diplomacy.
HS Diploma or equivalent certification or work experience, including 2+ years in security or a retail/warehouse environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.