Operations Specialist - Cashier
- Frisco, TX
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary The primary role of the Operations Specialist is to partner with the Operations Supervisor to ensure success in all guest interactions and transactions with a Guest First mentality. Will maintain the cash office and Operations counter with precise execution of Standard Work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute all company training modules
- Greet and engage guests on sales floor
- Help in Kids Spaces as needed
- Ensure team completes and demonstrates the ability to effectively execute to company expectations
all new hire and ongoing training modules
- Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
- Actively support and contribute to the store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets
- Execute standard work expectation in the front end, fun room, prep kitchen, and beverage bar
- Assist with the Manager on Duty and oversee the financial outcomes through the execution of the sales and operations standard work
- Help to build a culture throughout store that drives the following positive company expected outcomes
- Utilize all tools to the company standard
- Ensure check-out/in processes is executed
- Execute cash office procedures to exacting standards in Standard Work
- Able to support a culture throughout store that drives the following positive company expected outcomes
- Establish routines that are in compliance the Asset Protection Audit and self-audits
- Ability to work weekends and most holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 1 year of retail experience in a direct customer interactive environment required. High volume experience is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top