Summary: The Operations Lead, in partnership with the Operations Supervisor, is responsible for the day to day operations of the cash office, cashier counter, and various reporting functions. This includes exacting execution of Operations SOP and high levels of guest satisfaction at the cashier and guest service counters, while delivering a minimum of 9.1 guest survey average through the application of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training - Ensure all cashiers have completed training and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coaching and one-on-one training methods
- Practice through role playing with feedback
- Leadership skill development
- Cash Office and Fraud Prevention
- Execute all responsibilities related to the vault and fraud prevention to SOP.
- Ensure that Cashiers are executing these procedures to exacting standards and SOP.
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and up to date.
- Guest Engagement - Execute "Operation Handshake" and ensure that all guests receive a great check out experience and that all guest service interactions solve problems to the guest's satisfaction.
- Brand Experience - Ensure that the front end, from team members to the cashier counter, is reflective of our brand and is "Grand Opening Ready."
- Logistics - Support the Operations Supervisor with various duties, including ordering of supplies and a variety of logistical details.
- Performance Management - Able to change current reality through gap management by supporting Cashiers to be able to provide exceptional service. This is done primarily through observation of Cashier performance, training, and providing support as needed.
- Team Leadership - When the Operations Manager and Supervisor are not on duty, able to lead the team to achieve goals and complete tasks. Able to bring energy to the entire Cashiers motivating them to greatness.
- Partnerships - Able to build productive working relationships with:
- General Manager
- Sales Managers
- Product Placement Manager and Supervisors
- Department Leads
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous retail experience in a direct guest interactive environment required; "Big Box" experience preferred.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail team members to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible team member, guest, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates key Leadership skills, starting with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members.
- Demonstrates key Training skills, starting with the ability to coach and provide effective feedback.
- Demonstrates effective selling skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the Operations Lead job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top