- Grand Prairie, TX
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travel to stores on a weekly basis to ensure all repairs are noted and addressed
- Partner with store teams on location maintenance needs
- Handle repairs and preservation of the store locations
- Assist Facilities Manager with other projects as needed
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Repair, maintain/monitor all building systems and equipment
- Change of all filters for HVAC as required
- On call maintenance for all facilities, 24/7
- Maintain buildings which includes performing carpentry, painting, general upkeep and repair, plumbing and basic HVAC maintenance tasks
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards
- Assure safety practices are used which comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintains a clean environment for team members and guests
- Meet company standards for productivity
- Available to work varying weekends, hour, and holidays
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 1-2 years experience working in a facility maintenance role. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, masonry and carpentry. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top