Kids Spaces Supervisor
The primary role of the Kid's Spaces Supervisor is to assist the Entertainment Manager with managing the operation and staffing of Kid's Spaces. Kid's Spaces is an area within the store that attracts guests to Living Spaces, offers safe fun for guest's children, and allows guests to enjoy their shopping experience. The ultimate goal is to maintain the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys.
This will require a high level of application of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffing - Partner with the Entertainment Manager to staff to the staffing minimums for Kid's Spaces
- Scheduling - Ensure that adequate staff is available and/or scheduled to meet the staffing demands of Kid's Spaces. Maintain staffing levels to meet the traffic demands of each
- Training - Ensure that all Kid's Spaces staff have been fully trained and certified to work in Kid's Spaces. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Safety certifications, including CPR, first aid,
- Cleaning standards
- Equipment safety checks
- Rock wall certifications
- All Kid's Spaces SOP, such as child restrictions, check in/out procedures, notification of parents, etc.
- Focus Area - Each Supervisor will be assigned a primary focus by the Entertainment This can include such areas as the Kid's Spaces room and equipment, the Rock Wall area and equipment, etc.
- Ensure that each space is "Grand Opening Ready" each day
- Equipment - Maintain Kid's Spaces' equipment and the facility. Immediately report to the Entertainment Manager when repairs and purchases are
- Guest Engagement - Ensure that the staff has great engagements with every guest who brings a child to Kid's Spaces. Train the staff to be "brand ambassadors" of Living Spaces to each
- Assessment - Able to identify current reality by assessing needs and gaps in-the-moment and self-initiate solutions.
- Performance Enhancement - Able to change current reality through gap management and by creating business plans for:
- People - able to tell a story of the growth and development of team members
- People - able to index talent and develop leadership skills of team members
- Process - able to tell a story of how each Sales SOP inconsistency and/or opportunity has shown improvement
- Other Duties - Take on other duties as assigned by the GM
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of experience in a child care or education related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Lifetime Learner
- Goal Oriented
- Excellent Communicator
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates key Leadership skills, starting with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and
- Demonstrates key Training skills, starting with the ability to coach and provide effective
- Demonstrates effective selling
- Ability to read, write, and speak
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus.
Back to top