Summary: This position's primary responsibility is to maintain a clean and well represented work and guest environment. The upkeep of the showroom, bathrooms, offices, parking lot and warehouse are a vital part of daily duties and are a crucial ingredient of giving every guest an experience that is consistent with the Living Spaces brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
- Onboarding training, including Learning Spaces courses
- Department Safety
- Vendor/Product Training
- Sales Training
- Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the store is "Grand Opening" ready by completing a daily walk through of the entire store and addressing any areas of concern.
- Guest Engagement - Greets and engages all guests throughout Living Spaces.
- Equipment Usage and Maintenance - Run the floor scrubber and carpet cleaner daily to ensure all tile floors and carpet areas are clean. Also keep maintenance records on all equipment used.
- Standard Cleaning - Ensure all areas are dusted, wiped down and cleaned daily.
- Supply Tracking - Maintain a weekly stock check on all supply inventories.
- Partnerships - Able to build productive working relationships with:
- General Manager
- Sales Managers and Operations Manager
- Department Leads and Operations Supervisors
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of retail experience in a "Big Box" establishment preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail team members to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible team member, guest, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. The team member must be able to climb a ladder occasionally. The team member may have to lift items over head. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the Janitorial job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top