Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
At Living Spaces, we take pride in being an environment that cultivates the best in our Team Members. From our corporate office in La Mirada, to our Distribution Centers, Manufacturing, Guest Services, Transportation, to any of our retail stores in the United States, you'll find Team Members who have started and grown their careers at Living Spaces. We are a company driven by our core values of humility & respect, passion, innovation, speed & simplicity, fanatic discipline, social responsibility, coupled with the desire to provide our guests with the best possible experience they can have while furnishing their space.
We continuously strive to find dedicated, innovative, driven, enterprising Team Members to help drive our corporate vision - to be the best furniture retailer in the country. If you possess these skills, we invite you to join the journey at Living Spaces.
This position's primary responsibility to service in-store guests with a selling strategy that follows the guidelines of our Guest Engagement Model, while emphasizing the Interior Design. Will service any influx of scheduled design appointments made in-house, through our Commercial business channels, or via appointment setting technology by analyzing collected information pertaining to the project's requests/constraints
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and engage guests and execute sales proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors
- Determine guests' goals and requirements of their design project
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge, and product recommendations
- Present customized room designs, including sample fabrics, furniture, tables and accessory recommendations
- Maintains current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits and availability
- Master product knowledge and brand design inspiration
- Processes customer transactions in the Point of Sale system
- Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
- Actively support and contribute to the store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets
- Ensure that the stores is "Grand Opening" ready by completing the daily task list and style guides
- Ability to work weekends and most holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from a community college or four-year college in interior design. 1-2 years experience in a customer service, retail, or furniture store environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of design software programs is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses: Vocational certificate or degree in interior design. Must successfully complete the internal certification program at Living Spaces.
Position Hiring Range
The hiring pay range provides a guide for what we would reasonably pay for the position. Pay is determined by various factors including market demand, applicable skills, work experience and education, location, company budget, and in-demand skill sets.
$20.75 - $27.38
Retail, Guest Services, and Distribution Center Team Members are eligible to receive a team bonus based on meeting specific monthly goals and KPI's. Bonus amounts are based on the level of achievement and the total hours worked during the bonus eligible month.
- 401(k) (full and part time eligible)
- Sick Time
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
For more details, please visit our website at: Careers (livingspaces.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.