Interior Designer - Design Consultant
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary This position's primary responsibility is to delight and educate guests during every interaction. This is accomplished with every customer by helping them find their inspiration through style, design, quality, and price and by building great relationships based on trust. Once this is accomplished we can meet their primary need while offering complementary products and services that complete their living spaces. Our Design Specialists are a key value proposition to deliver the style and design components of our brand story. We expect our designers to use their design skills to meet the discerning taste of our most demanding guests through key value proposition elements designed to exceed their expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Guest Engagement - Greet and engage customers and execute sales proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors.
• Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
Onboarding training modules, including completion of Learning Spaces courses
Guest Engagement Training
Department Selling Strategy Training
Product Knowledge Training
• Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the department is "Grand Opening" ready by completing the department's daily task list.
• Design Center - Set appointments with guests to custom design and room plan using the tools and resources of the center. Work with other Product Specialists to assist guests who value style and design, but who do not need our full design services.
• Zoning - Greet and engage guests within a designated zone unless directed to do otherwise by leadership.
• Team - Actively support and contribute to the department team, sales team, and store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets.
• SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
• Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education & Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or certificate in interior design or visual communications from a two-year college or technical school; One year of interior design or related experience.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Certifications & Licenses: Associate's degree (A.A.) or certificate in interior design or visual communications from a two-year college or technical school.
Qualifications: Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate); Demonstrates effective selling skills; Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees; Ability to read, write, and speak English; Ability to work well in a team environment; Ability to work in a fast paced
retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business; Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top