Interior Design Sales Specialist (full-time/part-time)
- Huntington Beach, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
This position's primary responsibility to service in-store guests with a selling strategy that follows the guidelines of our Guest Engagement Model, while emphasizing the Interior Design. Will service any influx of scheduled design appointments made in-house, through our Commercial business channels, or via appointment setting technology by analyzing collected information pertaining to the project's requests/constraints
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and engage guests and execute sales proficiency using Living Spaces Guest Engagement Model and supporting behaviors
- Determine guests' goals and requirements of their design project
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge, and product recommendations
- Present customized room designs, including sample fabrics, furniture, tables and accessory recommendations
- Maintains current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits and availability
- Master product knowledge and brand design inspiration
- Processes customer transactions in the Point of Sale system
- Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
- Actively support and contribute to the store team with the goal of helping the entire team delight guests and achieve revenue targets
- Ensure that the stores is "Grand Opening" ready by completing the daily task list and style guides
- Ability to work weekends and most holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from a community college or four-year college in interior design. 1-2 years experience in a customer service, retail, or furniture store environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of design software programs is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses: Vocational certificate or degree in interior design. Must successfully complete the internal certification program at Living Spaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top