General Warehouse Associate
- Sacramento, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Competitive hourly pay wage
Plus an additional $2 per hour temporary hazard Pay
Pay Raises every Quarter (up to .50 per hour)
Monthly Bonus Eligibility
The General Warehouse Associate is responsible for filling customer orders in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. Efficiently fills customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Ability to understand all aspects of inbound unloading operations within a distribution center, working in teams to accomplish all job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the outbound operation
- Unload trailers by hand
- Moving furniture with dollies
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, withstanding climate changes
- Proper lifting techniques, lift, push, stooping twisting, bending
- Assembly of furniture
- Use of RF Scanners/ scanning system
- Ensure outbound picked furniture matches invoice before loading into contractor's vehicle for delivery
- Ensures that outbound furniture does not have any damages or flaws
- Efficiently prepares customers' orders Monitors and ensures that outbound furniture is properly assemble
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Ensures that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled
- Inspects and performs minor maintenance on the equipment
- Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
- Ability to work weekends and most holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 1-2 years experience of forklift operation in a fast paced, warehouse environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of design software programs is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top