Furniture Repair Technician | (AM Shift)
- Las Vegas, NV
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Ensure satisfaction to customers by restoring merchandise that has been damaged or manufacturer defects. Will work inside the shop or on the dock ensuring outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
In response to Covid-19, Living Spaces is currently offering an additional $2 per hour for hazard pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify repair needed and follow standard operating procedures to repair based upon the need
- Maintain inventory and stock levels for all fabrics and repair furniture kits/tools
- Repair upholstered products stitching, panel replacements mechanism/spring repair or replacements, frame repairs buttons, as well as other components
- Repair wood products, burn ins, color matching, panel replacement, adjustment of drawers, doors, glides as well as other components
- Perform daily tasks refurbishing furniture to 1st quality and the finishing of goods
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric, and upholstery
- Order replacement parts as needed
- Communicate any maintenance of tools, parts and hardware needed
- Ensure appropriate disposition of damaged product
- Contribute to improvement efforts within quality and performance measures as well as targeted levels
- Train other technicians on special and advanced repair techniques
- Assist team as needed to meet goals and ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 2 years experience working with upholstery, an array of fabrics, wood furniture, leather and veneer finishes. Able to use necessary tools and equipment. Strong working knowledge of leather repairs, wood repairs including scratches, dents and splits. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Certificates and Licenses: None Required
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top