Furniture Repair Technician
- Grand Prairie, TX
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Service Technician - Distribution Center
At Living Spaces our Distribution plays an important role in accurately and safely delivering home furnishings to our guests and retail stores.
Our Distribution Center in looking for an FULL TIME experienced Service Technician to ensure satisfaction to customers by restoring merchandise that has been damaged or has slight manufacturer defects and verifying outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Knowledge of and ability to repair wood products, burn ins, color matching, panel replacement, adjustment of drawers, doors, glides as well as other components
- Familiarity of and ability to repair upholstered products stitching, panel replacements mechanism/spring repair or replacements, frame repairs buttons, as well as other components
- Ability to use hand tools and knowledge of the proper tools to use for specific tasks
- Assist co-workers as needed to meet goals and ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA and general safety standards
- Ensures that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
AND THERE IS MORE.....
• Team based BONUS multiplier, we bonus as a team!
o Eligibility required
• Promotional opportunities with pay increases
• Paid Weekly (Direct Deposit available)
• Free steel toed boots ($100-voucher)
• Free Living Spaces attire (shirts/outerwear)
• Free Lunches on weekends
• Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick time (eligibility-time in position)
• Medical, dental, and vision plus 401k (eligibility-time in position)
• Team Member Discount (15% regular priced merchandise)
• Referral Bonuses ($200 & up to $500)
• Annual Holiday Party and Summer Picnic
• Career Growth and relocation opportunities as we continue to expand
• Ability to bend, twist, stretch, push, pull and carry and lift up to 100 lbs.
• Comfortable standing and or walking for up to 12 hours
• Willing and able to operate powered industrial equipment and tools including lifts, hand trucks and radios
• Varied temperatures
APPLY NOW AND SHARE IN OUR GROWTH AND EXCITEMENT!
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top