Fun Room Specialist
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary The primary role of the Fun Room Specialist is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience in Kid's Spaces for children of guests who are shopping at Living Spaces. Kid's Spaces is an area within the store that attracts guests to Living Spaces, offers safe fun for guest's children, and allows guests to enjoy their shopping experience. The ultimate goal is to maintain the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys. This will require a high level of application of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training - Complete and maintain current training in all aspects of Kid's This includes, but is not limited to:
- Safety certifications, including CPR, first aid,
- Cleaning standards
- Equipment safety checks
- Rock wall certifications
- All Kid's Spaces SOP, such as child restrictions, check in/out procedures, notification of parents, etc.
- Safety of Children - maintaining the safety of children is paramount. This includes the execution of all Kid's Spaces SOP, but especially includes:
- Enforcement of Kid's Spaces policy and behavior guidelines
- Awareness of what children are doing no matter where
in Kid's Spaces they are located
- Proper check-in and check-out procedures
- Accurate in-the-moment record of which children have parents who are not in Kid's Spaces
- Equipment - Maintain Kid's Spaces' equipment and the facility. Immediately report to the Entertainment Manager or Kid's Spaces Supervisors when repairs and purchases are
- Complete daily safety checks per the posted schedule
- Complete cleaning and/or sanitization of the equipment per the posted schedule and as needed
- Ensure that Kid's Spaces is Grand Opening Ready every day
- Guest Engagement - Ensure that the staff has great engagements with every guest who brings a child to Kid's Spaces. Train the staff to be "brand ambassadors" of
Living Spaces to each
- Assessment - Able to identify current reality by assessing needs and gaps in-the-moment and self-initiate solutions.
- Other Duties - Take on other duties as assigned by the Entertainment Manager and/or GM. This can include cross-training to work in Operations and/or
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience in a child care or education related field
Talent Success Profile - Core Competencies
- Lifetime Learner
- Goal Oriented
- Excellent Communicator
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial
outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates key Leadership skills, starting with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and
- Demonstrates key
Training skills, starting with the ability to coach and provide effective
- Demonstrates effective selling
- Ability to read, write, and speak
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top