Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Cherry Picker Forklift)
- Grand Prairie, TX
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary The cherry picker driver is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery dock in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. Efficiently pick customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operates cherry picker/stock picker in and around warehouse.
• Pulls product from the warehouse for shipment to the stores Efficiently pick customer orders.
• Ensures inbound product and transfers received are stored in designated rack areas.
• Responsible for scanning merchandise prior to moving it to a different location Positions product on racking system.
• Carry or transports orders to the dock with material handling equipment.
• Able to operate radio frequency equipment.
• Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Ensures that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
• Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled Inspects and performs minor maintenance on the equipment.
• Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor Meet company standards for productivity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Up to 2 year(s) relevant experience.
• Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Knowledge - .
• Effective memory skills, good hand eye coordination, dependability, ability to follow directions and a strong willingness to learn.
• Mental Effort - Above average concentration, above average memory; taking into consideration the amount of responsibility and product, above average time pressure and decision making Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
• Writes clearly and informatively.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Diversity & Ethics - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb a ladder occasionally. The employee may have to lift items overhead.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the warehouse job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education: High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
• Certificates (if applicable): N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top