Entertainment Manager Job Description
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary role of the Entertainment Manager is to manage the operation and staffing of Play Spaces. Play Spaces is an area within the store that attracts guests to Living Spaces, offers safe fun for guest's children, and allows guests to enjoy their shopping experience. The ultimate goal is to maintain the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys. This will require a high level of application of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffing - Partner with the GM to ensure that adequate team members are available for staffing Play Spaces. Staffing will include team members dedicated to Play Spaces as well as team members who are cross trained in other store functions, such as Cashier.
- Establish staffing minimums based on traffic demand to Play Spaces
- Scheduling - Ensure that adequate staff is available and/or scheduled to meet the staffing demands of Play Spaces. Maintain staffing
- Training - Ensure that all Play Spaces staff have been fully trained and certified to work in Play Spaces. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Safety certifications, including CPR, first aid, etc.
- Cleaning standards
- Equipment safety checks
- Rock wall certifications
- All Play Spaces SOP, such as child restrictions, check in/out procedures, notification of parents, etc.
- Equipment - Maintain Play Spaces' equipment. Partner with the GM when repairs and purchases are needed.
- Event Room - Manage the Event Room usage. This will involve:
- Development of a strategy for best use of the Event Room to support the store
- Promotion of the availability of the Event Room to the public and community groups
- Guest Engagement - Ensure that the staff has great engagements with every guest who brings a child to Play Spaces.
- Assessment - Able to identify current reality by completing accurate monthly assessments of people and processes for Sales according to the current monthly assessment rhythm.
- Performance Enhancement - Able to change current reality through gap management and by creating business plans for:
- People - able to tell a story of the growth and development of team members
- People - able to index talent and develop leadership skills of team members
- Process - able to tell a story of how each Sales SOP inconsistency and/or opportunity has shown improvement
- Other Duties - Take on other duties as assigned by the GM
- SOP - Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Degree in a child development or education related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in a child care or education related field required.
- Three years of supervisory experience required.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates key Leadership skills, starting with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Demonstrates key Training skills, starting with the ability to coach and provide effective feedback.
- Demonstrates effective selling skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the Entertainment Manager job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top