Distribution Center Janitor
- San Bernadino, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary $1,000 Sign On Bonus (accepted offer 9/28-11/06/2020)
Plus an additional $2 per hour temporary hazard Pay
Monthly Bonus Opportunity
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Generous Product Discounts
Free Weekly Lunch
Free Attire, including steel toed boots
The Janitor will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, break room and public areas. Their primary responsibility is as a cleaner, but in many also perform maintenance tasks. Responsibilities are primarily indoors, some work may be required outdoors part of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Clean and supply restrooms
- Remove waste and empty trash
- Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected
- Replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Organize janitorial storage areas
- Notify supervisors about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs or maintenance
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Ability to read and interpret written information; ability to write clear statements; ability to communicate orally
- Must be able to do physical work and operate power equipment normally found in janitorial operations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 1-2 years experience of maintenance or janiotorial experience in a fast paced, warehouse environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Certificates and Licenses: None Required
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top