CPU / Floor Prep
CPU / Floor Prep
Summary: This position has primary responsibility for executing all floor prep and warehouse functions. It also has primary responsibility for all functions of Customer Pick Up, including creating great guest service in CPU. This is accomplished by executing floor moves, managing product flow and warehouse functions, delighting guests in CPU according to Living Spaces brand expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training - Complete and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new hire and ongoing training modules. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Living Spaces Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOP)
- Onboarding training, including Learning Spaces courses
- Department Safety
- Vendor/Product Training
- Sales Training
- Store/Department Experience - Ensure that the store is "Grand Opening" ready by completing a daily walk through of the entire store and addressing any areas of concern.
- Guest Engagement - Greets and engages all guests throughout Living Spaces.
- CPU - Ensure that all CPU guests are taken care of and 100% satisfied. Manage product flow entering and leaving CPU and complete all required CPU paperwork and reports.
- Receiving - Acknowledgement of product when it arrives at the warehouse and management of transfers, vendor drops, customer returns, shipping companies, etc.
- Product Flow - Execute all floor moves given by management and the leadership team. Ensure all products scheduled to showcase are properly assembled and processed to Living Spaces brand standards both on the showroom floor and in the clearance center.
- Reporting - Ensure all brand reports are accurate and to company levels.
- Safety - Review and address safety concerns throughout the store.
- Inventory - Ensure that all merchandise is properly inventoried and binned.
- SOP - Adheres to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of retail experience "Big Box" establishment recommended.
- Warehouse experience recommended.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail employees to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible employee, customer, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb a ladder occasionally. The employee may have to lift items overhead. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the CPU / Floor Prep job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Living Spaces's Employees
Jennifer trains the Living Spaces general managers across locations. She helps build leadership skills and team talent to ensure excellent sales and service in each store.
Back to top