Call Center Representative - Part Time
Call Center Representative
Summary: Answer incoming calls from customers to answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide accurate directions to callers for all store locations
- Answer questions regarding store policies, promotions, and general product inquiries
- Document all calls clearly and thoroughly
- Properly create exchanges, sales orders, credit memos, service calls, PMI inspection requests, credit adjustments and refund requests
- Assist callers with changing delivery dates, converting delivery to pickup and vice versa, adding or deleting items off an order
- Answer general questions regarding manufacturer's warranties and Guardian warranty
- Instruct callers on the process of starting a warranty claim
- Place outbound calls to schedule deliveries of special orders, service technicians, and deliveries
- Assist delivery teams who call in to report not-at-homes, damaged items, or mistakes with merchandise on delivery
- Assist with other duties as assigned by a supervisor or manager
- Possess solid communication skills in order to handle routine calls independently
- Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner to every caller
- Maintain detailed and clear notes regarding calls and be able to communicate effectively via phone, face-to-face, and through e-mail
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. writes clearly and informatively.
- Customer Service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Diversity & Ethics - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to two years of related experience in customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
Administrative writing skills, verbal communication, professionalism, sensitivity to confidential matters, strong computer skills required, organization team work.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word software and MS Excel spreadsheet software.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to sit.
Back to top