- Reedley, CA
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
The CAD Drafter will help to coordinate the collection of data and incorporate this information into construction drawings, schematics, and maps for Living Spaces. Will help to prepare architectural designs for new construction under the direction of the Principal Architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination or working drawings
- Handle complex drafting assignments under minimal supervision
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications provided by Principal Architect
- Coordinate with Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and design documentation
- Work closely with consultants and design build team to ensure coordination design effort is maintained
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain all revisions of project drawings
- Update and maintain drafting log
- Develop 3D Revit models by analyzing prototypes and 2D drawings
- Examine and check engineering drawings for compliance with cited specifications
- Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team
- Participate in project meetings and conference calls as required
- Timely and accurate incorporation of redlines
- Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
Education/Experience: Associate degree (A. A. or A. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in CAD Drafting or related field preferred. 3-5 years of experience in CAD Drafting. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficient experience in construction documentation including Revit, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Photoshop, Sketchup. 3D rendering experience is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses: None required
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Back to top