2nd shift Unloader/Loader
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
Position Summary Living Spaces is looking for multiple candidates for the distribution center, who are excited to work in a fast paced environment and want to be part of a fast growing home furnishings brand. We have immediate positions in the following departments: receiving, loaders, forklift, stocking, and pulling, staging and loading merchandise. The distribution associates will pick and pack orders, receive, stack and check incoming containers, load and unload trucks, move material within the facility, safely operate forklifts or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Re-wrap open boxed merchandise and assist with customer returns.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated competence in the application and use of PC and operating systems.
• Must be able to interface with a multi-shift operation and physically frequent all areas of offices and warehouse.
• Performs other duties as assigned by senior management.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• requires frequent walking and standing.
• Must be able to work in a warehouse environment - cement floors, temperature swings, loud noise and being frequently exposed to moving mechanical equipment and parts.
• Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Up to 1 year(s) of related experience in forklift operation.
• A positive and pleasant personality, verbal communication, professionalism, sensitivity to confidential matters, organization teamwork.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Distance vision, and Ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb a ladder occasionally. The employee may have to lift items overhead.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
To perform the warehouse job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education: High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
• Certificates (if applicable): N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Back to top