Software Engineer, Media
Livestream is searching for Media Engineers to help us build a flexible and scalable video streaming platform. This is an opportunity to focus on the particular challenge of live video (buffers on both ends!), and make a resounding impact on the core feature of our business.
Our ideal candidate has prior video engineering experience, having tackled packaging, transcoding, processing pipelines, or similar. They'll apply this experience to the latency demands and distribution needs of live video, iterating on the entire pipeline from ingest to playback. And since video tech moves fast, they'll also stay current by building prototypes and exploring new ideas.
Livestream is the market leader for real time event coverage. Our service allows anyone to broadcast live on the web, and 10,000+ customers trust us to stream millions of events around the world. Our content partners include Facebook, The New York Times, ABC News, CBS News, Associated Press, HBO, and more. Livestream operates with over 180 full-time staff members in 5 offices, across New York, Los Angeles, London, Bangalore, and Ukraine.
- Build and maintain our video ingest, processing, and distribution pipelines
- Care and feeding for the underlying cloud infrastructure
- Monitor, measure, and provide visibility into video metrics
- Stay abreast of video technology
- Debug and support media-related problems
- Video engineering and web services experience
- Proponent of testing
- Devops mindset. Comfortable with infrastructure
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Meet Some of Livestream's Employees
Technical Support Manager
Edmund oversees Livestream's entire Customer Support Team. The team works together to manage all of the company's phone and email support tickets—and Edmund ensures that each customer's questions and concerns are addressed.
Back to top