Livestream is searching for devops — the operations engineer with a knack for code, or the programmer who’s grown to embrace systems. If this description fits you, then come join the leader in live events online.
At Livestream, the engineering challenges are diverse, from optimizing web services to providing insight into video distribution pipelines. By managing the tools of development -- deployment pipelines, continuous integration, automated infrastructure, and the technology roadmap -- you'll have a direct impact on the entire engineering culture. Your mission will be to move the needle on the pace of development, ultimately contributing to a platform that is available, fast, and engineered to withstand the unpredictable demands of live streaming.
A successful candidate will have proven programming skills and experience with cloud infrastructure, either AWS or Google Cloud. They will have tackled configuration management, orchestration, and deployment. We’re also looking for experience with the open source tools of the trade, and an ability to coordinate demands from multiple development teams.
Livestream is the market leader for real time event coverage. Our service allows anyone to broadcast live on the web, and 10,000+ customers trust us to stream millions of events around the world. Our content partners include Facebook, The New York Times, ABC News, CBS News, Associated Press, HBO, and more. Livestream operates with over 180 full-time staff members in 5 offices, across New York, Los Angeles, London, Bangalore, and Ukraine.
- Manage the cloud infrastructure — maintenance and monitoring.
- Continuously improve the tools and processes for deployment, orchestration, and provisioning.
- Automate where possible, document where necessary.
- Maintain, scale, and distribute critical systems such as databases and queues.
- Stay on top of security and cloud platform announcements.
- Work closely with developers and operations staff.
- Advocate for devops best practices.
- Systems background or interest, with a focus on Linux and networking.
- Experience managing Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with configuration management, a la Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Bonus points for exposure to orchestration and containerization.
- Exposure to Redis, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Varnish, Nginx.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Meet Some of Livestream's Employees
Technical Support Manager
Edmund oversees Livestream's entire Customer Support Team. The team works together to manage all of the company's phone and email support tickets—and Edmund ensures that each customer's questions and concerns are addressed.
Back to top