Statistically Significant Data Scientist
Do you crave volumes of data and the tools and resources to analyze it? Do you delight at the prospect of discovering patterns and transforming data into actionable information? Do you love working collaboratively with intelligent, energetic, no-nonsense colleagues? Are you as nice as you are brilliant? If you’ve answered “yes” to all four questions, we’d like to introduce ourselves.
What You'll Do
At the core of LiveRamp’s products is a massive graph that connects the different identifiers for each person, their online devices, and the identifiers that 100s of different marketing platforms use to recognize them. As a LiveRamp Data Scientist you’ll analyze the complex connections in this half a trillion node graph that contains PBs of data from over a 1000 different sources. To work with this massive dataset, you’ll learn cutting edge big data analysis tools (e.g., Redshift and Pregel). Using the results of your investigations, you’ll further develop our conceptual framework for understanding LiveRamp’s identity graph, including new terminology, metrics, mathematical models, visualizations, and reports. Further, you’ll apply this conceptual framework to create new data refinement strategies that filter out suspect connections to further enhance the quality of LiveRamp’s identity graph.
Types of projects you'll work on:
- Further develop our conceptual framework for understanding and making quantitative decisions about our complex and massive identity graph.
- Including the development of new terminology, metrics, mathematical models, visualizations, and reports.
- Of paramount importance is understanding identity accuracy (i.e., correctness) and reach (i.e., completeness, how many people can we match?).
- Apply this conceptual framework in the development of data refinement strategies that enhance the accuracy of our identity graph.
- Explore and quantify the reach and accuracy implications for incorporating new sources of identity data into the graph.
- Quantify the holes in our identity graph. I.e., what types of consumers are we missing identity data for?
What You'll Need to Have
- PhD in a quantitative field (required)
- Strong grasp of statistics and data mining techniques.
- Solid experience with Python, R or other statistical toolsets (we use Python).
- Strong technical communication, both written and verbal.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
- Desire to work in San Francisco. We will relocate you if necessary.
What We'll Give in Return
- Awesome co-workers
- Unlimited paid time off
- A dog friendly office
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- 401K Matching
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Weekly meditation classes, Hackweeks, Gardening Club, and team offsites
- Events including game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sporting leagues
Who Are We
We are the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. Our technology unites the marketing technology ecosystem, enabling brands to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver highly relevant messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
Our engineering team thrives on mind-bending technical challenges and values entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth. We value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves, and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin. You can learn more about our engineering culture here.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
As a member of the Online Workflows Engineering Team, Shia manages the data delivery process—ensuring LiveRamp's partners get the most out of their data.
Back to top