Staff Software Engineer, FBR
- Flexible / Remote
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform for the safe and effective use of data. Our platform powers people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving fascinating technical problems and enabling our customers’ success—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The File-Based Recognition (FBR) team delivers innovative Big Data solutions to fulfill important identity resolution use cases for our customers. We are currently rearchitecting our systems for better performance and flexibility, providing an ideal opportunity to make an impact from day one.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of engineers maintaining and improving our File-Based Recognition product.
- Help shape the future of our technology platform.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes and development practices.
- Assist in architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Define infrastructure components leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Work with your team and managers to shape your role into a convergence of the company’s needs and your own capabilities, interests, and desires.
Your team will:
- Deliver file-based identity resolution solutions to clients - both internal and external.
- Rearchitect our existing systems to provide a more powerful and flexible data processing environment at scale.
- Demonstrate operational excellence supporting our production systems.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying high-quality production code.
- Solid Java and Scala programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable technical solutions that verifiably meet specific, well-defined business requirements.
- Experience selecting and using industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries to solve specific problems.
- Have made significant and meaningful development contributions to team projects involving distributed systems operating at scale.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Solid communicator in relevant technical and product concepts.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Expertise with Apache Spark.
- Proficiency with Spring Boot.
- Experience with Uber’s Cadence Platform.
- Kubernetes wizardry.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco.
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top