Senior Software Engineer - Emergent Tech (Gazette)
LiveRamp operates on the frontier of data processing at scale, processing nearly 100 petabytes of data and servicing 100s of billions of requests per month. We’ve built many in-house technologies to support this flow of data, including Gazette.
Gazette, at its core, is a highly distributed byte-stream transaction engine. It provides useful guarantees about reads and writes and stores all data in cloud storage. We use it as our system-of-record and essential plumbing for event-sourced data within our infrastructure. Similar technologies include Kafka, Samza, Kinesis, and other distributed data streaming processing systems. Read more about Gazette here.
We are hiring a team of engineers to improve the Gazette open-source project, and support its further success within LiveRamp. Today, Gazette plays critical roles in:
- Log and data-flow management
- Continuous reporting and aggregation
- Delivering streamed, “firehose” APIs
- Continuous indexing and real-time query capabilities for our identity graph
In this position, you will:
- Optimize and extend Gazette’s core functionality to meet LiveRamp’s technical challenges.
- Grow Gazette’s footprint as an open-source technology.
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems.
- Introduce new technologies and practices to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing and deploying production code.
- Have extensive experience operating and debugging distributed systems.
- Understand Linux to a degree where you’d be comfortable admin’ing a fleet of boxes.
- Understand DNS, TCP, and HTTP.
- Are very proficient in at least one compiled language, one interpreted language.
- Have a passion for building large scale, well tested, distributed systems and are comfortable writing high performance code.
- Are able to design and implement a large, efficient codebase.
- Are able to ballpark the computational complexity of a snippet of code.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Be able to both identify and implement a practical test suite.
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 401K Matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Commuter benefits.
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen.
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips and sporting leagues.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
Evan ensures smooth data delivery to company clients so that they have the right information to improve workflow efficiency and automate everyday processes.
Back to top