Senior Software Engineer, Big Data (Data Management)
At LiveRamp, we are on a quest to build the most flexible and scalable data marketplace. The platform underlying the marketplace ingests, analyzes, enriches and transforms tens of petabytes of data per day and then delivers the enriched data to our customers. Powering it is a massive Hadoop cluster with over 80K cores and counting. The cluster hosts over 15 petabytes of data.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process petabytes of data per day
- Work on a massively scalable segmentation engine that performs real time segmentation with accurate counts for people-based marketing. If you enjoy advanced query processing engines, indexing strategies, and database engines in general, this could be a fit.
- Help lead and mentor your fellow engineers as they tackle challenging problems such as implementing SOA and Kubernetes at scale, building our new cloud platform, and migrating our data tier to GCP.
- Leverage vendors and open source technologies as we complete our migration to the cloud.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
- Around 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code of which at least 2+ years’ experience is working on a Big Data Platform
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best practices
- Extensive experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Solid understanding of large-scale data processing systems
- Proficient in one or more of Java, Go, C++, Scala
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure; GCP preferable
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Experience with Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms.
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top