Senior Software Engineer
Here at LiveRamp, we’re changing the world of data connectivity. We work with a lot of fun technologies and new techniques to get that done, like Docker & Kubernetes, and graph algorithms running over scaled SSD arrays.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, and distribute enormous quantities of data. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of projects. This might include building out our large distributed systems, implementing algorithms, unlocking new value for enterprise clients by solving some of their biggest problems or discovering new ways to leverage 35 petabytes of data and 100 billion requests per month at lightning speeds.
On the engineering team at LiveRamp, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
A Day in the Life of a LiveRamp Engineer:
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems.
- Embrace and introduce technology innovations to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience writing and deploying production code.
- Have extensive experience with distributed systems.
- Understand Linux to a degree where you’d be comfortable admin’ing a fleet of boxes.
- Understand DNS, TCP, and HTTP.
- Are able to decompose business requirements into a set of RESTful resources.
- Have experience with the full stack. From the database to CSS.
- Are very proficient in at least one compiled, one interpreted language and one web framework.
- Have a passion for building large scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing high performance code.
- Are able to design and implement a large, efficient codebase.
- Are able to ballpark the computational complexity of a snippet of code.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Be able to both identify and implement a practical test suite.
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 401K Matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Commuter benefits.
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen.
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips and sporting leagues.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
As a Product Manager, Kevin develops the overarching vision for each new product—communicating that vision to LiveRamp's developers and ensuring each step of the production process runs smoothly.
Back to top