Senior Engineer, DevOps
LiveRamp is looking for senior DevOps engineers to help us maintain and grow our existing hardware/software infrastructure. Here at LiveRamp, we’re changing the world of data connectivity. Our technology unites the marketing technology ecosystem, enabling brands to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver highly relevant messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
As a Senior Engineer, DevOps, you’ll be responsible for helping bring the LiveRamp vision to life and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.We run a hybrid colo/EC2 environment with over 1,000 physical servers and at least as many virtual servers. We are responsible for ensuring high availability of an infrastructure that processes many billions of customer records on a daily basis.
On the engineering team at LiveRamp, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
A Day in the Life of a LiveRamp Senior Engineer, DevOps:
- Maintain and grow our existing hardware/software infrastructure. Create tools for managing our massive hardware resources; fight to make our server:sysadmin ratio ridiculously high.
- Configure as code, leveraging Chef and VMware.
- Monitor and detect what may break and when, using tools like Datadog and ELK
- Work closely with developers to solve systems problems. Blur the line between ops and development.
- Automate everything!
- Push your teammates to be stronger engineers. They will do the same to you.
- Take our engineering, business development and culture in a whole new direction during one of our four Hackweeks every year.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of DevOps-like work experience in Linux SysAdmin role.
- Likes to code. Seeking someone with at least two languages of comfort, such as Ruby, Bash, Java, Python, Perl.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS, and other low-level network things.
- Working knowledge of storage, NAS, clustered file systems, RAID.
- Virtualization experience (VMware, Xen, KVM or OpenVZ).
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Great team and business communication skills; project management communication ability.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips and sporting leagues
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
As a Product Manager, Kevin develops the overarching vision for each new product—communicating that vision to LiveRamp's developers and ensuring each step of the production process runs smoothly.
Back to top