LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our customers into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
ABOUT THIS JOB
LiveRamp is looking for engineers to secure our infrastructure. LiveRamp’s IdentityLink product is an identity resolution service that ties data to real people and makes it possible to use that data in a secure, privacy-safe way for marketing initiatives across any digital platform. We process billions of transactions on a daily basis and the companies we work with entrust us with their most sensitive data.
You’ll be a founding member of a team whose mission is to secure and continuously improve security at LiveRamp. We’re looking for someone who is a security subject matter expert and can be a primary point of contact for developers at LiveRamp.
You will solve security challenges by working directly with your fellow engineers and we will embed you within teams so we can balance feature development against security risk and architect solutions that allow us to deliver product quickly and securely.
Leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
A Day in the Life of a LiveRamp Security Engineer:
- Scrum with co-located application and infrastructure teams in San Francisco to review code and work through security challenges. Pair program with developers to remedy key issues.
- Evaluate our use of technology across LiveRamp. Document and continuously refine security best practices and standards. Develop deep understanding of our business and technology and recommend changes in process. Think holistically about security for LiveRamp.
- Partner with members of the Security org to work with LiveRamp and Acxiom technical leadership to provide status and reporting on the state of security across the entire LiveRamp application, infrastructure, and corporate technical stack.
- Perform and analyze Static Code Scans using Fortify to identify exposure to common security vulnerabilities. Aide development teams in the identification of false positives found in static analysis as well as observe code being executed for dynamic analysis.
- Threat model existing and future applications. Create frameworks that allow our teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production environments.
- Maintain and implement Acxiom enterprise security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow your own muse and engineer whatever interests you in one of our four Hackweeks every year.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You want to help your fellow engineer deliver product and have a natural inclination to collaborate with development and infrastructure teams.
- You enjoy working as part of a team. You can think outside the box and come up with creative ways to solve a problem.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a security engineer in a production environment.
- You have working knowledge of software build pipelines and tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- You are comfortable with at least two languages such as Ruby, Bash, Java, Python, Perl, or Go.
- You have a working knowledge of TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS, and other low-level Linux cli command and utilities.
- You are familiar with HP Fortify, HP Web Inspect, and/or HP Software Security Center (SSC) and can analyze scan results from Fortify SCA and communicate/remediate findings to/with technical teams.
- You possess a strong knowledge of application security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, remediation and mitigation techniques, and secure coding practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with application development and SDLC.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with application and information security.
- CISSP certification in good standing. Alternatively, you are active in the Security community and attend and speak at conferences like Bsides, THOTCON and ShmooCon.
- Comprehensive understanding of common Application Security Vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10 / SANS Top 25 CWEs).
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sporting leagues
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle any challenges that come their way.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
As a Product Manager, Kevin develops the overarching vision for each new product—communicating that vision to LiveRamp's developers and ensuring each step of the production process runs smoothly.
Back to top