LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
About This Job:
LiveRamp is seeking an experienced privacy attorney to join the Legal & Data Ethics team based in Singapore. The Privacy Counsel will report into the Assistant General Counsel - APAC.
The role will interface with business teams to negotiate and execute on a wide range of commercial and strategic initiatives requiring creative and proactive legal guidance and work as part of the APAC Legal and Data Ethics team to ensure data protection compliance, while enabling business innovation in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
In this role, the Privacy Counsel will have the opportunity to educate and influence our internal teams, vendors and customers and the overall industry. This is a great opportunity to make a high-impact contribution to a fast-paced organization operating on the cutting-edge of data connectivity and the Ad/MarTech industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of sales and supply side contracts, including customer (digital advertiser; agency), vendor (data licensing) agreements, with the ability to capture complex legal and business concepts in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner. There will be a primary focus on supporting Australian but also any countries in SEA markets.
- Provide data protection/privacy support as part of the contracting process (e.g. contract redlines, explaining standard product dataflows, negotiating data processing agreements and model clauses).
- Work with internal or external privacy counsel on more complex privacy issues including relating to new products/services/concepts.
- Embed with product and engineering teams to understand LiveRamp’s products and provide business-oriented privacy counseling to design data protection and privacy into our products (including ad tech related products and technologies such as RTB, trackers, connected devices, addressable TV) drawing on knowledge and experience with specific industry requirements and best practices.
- Collaborate and provide privacy guidance and related risk management advice to all groups across the company, including our Marketing, HR, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Security teams.
- Coordinating work with the U.S. Legal and Data Ethics team to ensure consistent approach and application of legal agreements and risk framework locally/regionally.
- Build legal policies and processes from the ground up, and provide consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to colleagues.
- 5-6 years PQE in legal with 1–2 year’s privacy/data protection experience.
- Qualified to practice Law in any APAC jurisdictions.
- General commercial and privacy/data protection experience gained within both a law firm and in-house, ideally with some international experience.
- A background in the AdTech and MarTech industry and good knowledge of Internet, software technologies or data is essential.
- Sound judgment, strong “do-er” work ethic, excellent problem solving and organization skills, practicality, a focus on business outcomes and flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in partnering with diverse and remote teams throughout the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with clients, partners and the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels under pressure in a rapidly changing environment and to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly, diplomatically, and effectively.