LiveRamp is looking for engineers to help us maintain and scale our infrastructure. Our technology enables customers to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
About this job
The LiveRamp Ops Engineering team is responsible for managing 2500+ servers and a 45+ petabyte Hadoop cluster that powers the LiveRamp business. We run a hybrid environment: we own physical servers in a co-located facility and we make heavy use of AWS.
You will work in a large-scale, fast-growing environment under the tutelage of an experienced team. You will be challenged, you will learn a ton, and you will help support a fast-growing big data business. You will have the chance to work on infrastructure-related initiatives such as Kubernetes, containers, engineering shared libraries and new build pipelines.
Leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
- Keep the lights on for our existing infrastructure
- Automate the provisioning and operation of secure local and hosted infrastructure platforms for LiveRamp
- Collaborate with engineering teams to construct and optimize the software build pipeline
- Help facilitate ownership of application infrastructure by Dev teams
- Function as stewards for shared data, services, tools, processes and libraries
A day in the life of a DevOps Engineer
- Treat infrastructure as code leveraging tools like Github, Jenkins, Chef, and Kubernetes
- Monitor and detect issues using tools like Datadog and Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Follow your own muse and engineer whatever interests you in one of our four Hackweeks every year
You are an ideal candidate if you
- Have 1+ years of work experience as a developer
- Have a passion for infrastructure and helping your fellow developer
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Have familiarity with ELK, Chef, AWS + Kubernetes
- Have working knowledge of software build pipelines and tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc
- Treat infrastructure as code.
- Seeking someone with at least two languages of comfort, such as Ruby, Bash, Java, Python, Perl, or Go
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS, and other low-level network utilities
- Automate the management of thousands of Linux systems, containers + VMs
- Maintain and improve our core services and applications
- Become an expert in system monitoring using tools like Datadog and the ELK stack
- Triage issues and act as a first point of contact for Ops requests
- Share after-hours on-call rotation and respond to emergencies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sporting leagues
Meet Some of LiveRamp's Employees
As a Product Manager, Kevin develops the overarching vision for each new product—communicating that vision to LiveRamp's developers and ensuring each step of the production process runs smoothly.
Back to top