Data Engineer - Data Plus Math
- Boston, MA
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We are looking for data engineers to create and optimize DPM's data pipeline architecture. You'll be joining a team building massively scalable systems to enable DPM to analyze petabytes of data. You will be a key partner of our data science, operations and product teams and deliver great support to those teams. If you are passionate about using (and sharpening) your skills to solve massively complex data problems, we'd like to hear from you.
- Help build the petabyte-scale infrastructure required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud agnostic technologies.
- Design and develop data pipelines that are fully automated and fault tolerant.
- See through projects from conception to finished product
Your team will:
Be responsible for building upon and expanding our ETL frameworks and data pipelines. They understand the key principles that influence the design of large-scale distributed systems: availability, performance, reliability, scalability, manageability and cost. They design and build data transformation frameworks leveraged by our operations and data science teams.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in relation to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to think outside the box
- Clean coding habits, attention to detail, a focus on quality, and a willingness to refactor any code that doesn't meet those standards
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of database internals, query processing and query optimization
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience using object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks
- A desire to solve business problems with technology.
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Stock: every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location: work in the heart of Boston
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top