Commercial Counsel - UK
- London, United Kingdom
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a super sharp, highly-motivated, business-minded solicitor to join our small, but mighty Legal team to assist the business with our data services and data acquisition products. This role will report into our Assistant General Counsel - Europe, based in France. The role will be based in London, UK but allows flexibility including ad hoc working from home. This role will interface with business teams to negotiate and execute on a wide range of commercial and strategic initiatives requiring creative and proactive legal guidance. This is a great opportunity to make a high-impact contribution to a fast-paced organization operating on the cutting-edge of data connectivity and the Ad/MarTech industry.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of sales and supply side contracts, including customer (digital advertiser; agency), vendor (data licensing) agreements, with the ability to capture complex legal and business concepts in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner. There will be a primary focus on the UK business but the role may extend to supporting other regions, as appropriate, as LiveRamp becomes established in other European markets.
- Provide data protection/privacy support as part of the contracting process (e.g. contract redlines, explaining standard product dataflows, negotiating data processing agreements and model clauses).
- Work with internal or external privacy counsel on more complex privacy issues including relating to new products/services/concepts
- Advise business units on legal issues of first impression.
- Collaborate with numerous internal functions, including sales, customer success, business development, product, and engineering on the sales cycle, and risk mitigation.
- Coordinating work with the U.S. legal team to ensure consistent approach and application of legal agreements and risk framework locally/regionally
- Working with the rest of the legal department to support the Company's general corporate legal activities
- Monitor and self-study on case law, legislation and other legal guidance relevant to AdTech and MarTech industries.
- Build legal policies and processes from the ground up, and provide consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to colleagues.
- Protect LiveRamp’s intellectual property.
- Contribute toward building a great company.
- Qualified solicitor likely to be at the 3 to 7 years PQE level
- General commercial experience ideally gained within both a law firm and in-house, ideally with some international experience
- Experience with either adtech, software, technology or data is essential
- Familiarity with privacy and data protection laws and regulations
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and provide sound business advice
- To be a creative problem solver with a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in partnering with diverse and remote teams throughout the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top